Request an Application
Applying to VSC West in just a few steps
1. So you think you want to serve?
Awesome! How do you want to serve? What kind of commitment are you willing to make?
Look over programs that offer the things you’re looking for … working with marginalized populations, living in Community, the AmeriCorps education reward (if you are eligible), loan deferment, a fun West Coast City …
Are you ready to apply to VSC yet?
2. Fill out the form below. Click “Submit.” We promise a real human being will receive it and respond with the application.
3. You have the application. Now what?
Start by sending us your professional and personal reference list. Why? It can take a long time for folks who know you to write about the stellar things you’ve done.
Contact your school(s) and arrange to have all undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent to us.
Tell us a little more about yourself. There are no right or wrong answers. Just some honesty and a better picture of who you are.
Send us your resume.
Fill out your top three service site interests. This helps us with placement sites. Most volunteers will be placed in their top choices. BUT sometimes God has other plans and asks you to step out of your box and into a tetrahedral.
4. We’ve Got Mail! Looks like your completed application has been received. Now we need to set up a SKYPE interview.
5. You will be notified within a week of your acceptance. Should you choose to accept this mission, then the placement site will be made jointly by you, the VSC staff, and the site administrator.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, and admission into our Program occurs on a rolling basis. Typically applications are submitted between November and April. But that doesn’t mean you can’t submit your application now. We encourage interested individuals to apply as early as possible. We usually offer contracts to applicants in February through May. Most positions remain open as late as June 30th. Please feel free to inquire at any time to see if there are available positions.